“The word ‘education’ comes from the Latin ‘educere’ = e- (out of) + -ducere (to draw). Education is not just about putting information in. We have forgotten that it, in fact, begins in the child’s heart.” – Vince Gowmon
Learning Curve Academy is a provider for Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK), a program sponsored by the state of Florida for children who are 4 years old by September 1st of the school year and are Florida residents.
The state pays all tuition and fees for VPK students. The only difference between VPK and Pre-K is the method of payment – State-Pay or Parent Pay. No fee is required to register for VPK. However, at the time of registration, parents must provide a VPK Child Eligibility Certificate.
Click here for information on VPK requirements and applications.
Learning Curve Academy participates in the VPK program which is a three-hour State-sponsored program designed to prepare students for kindergarten. LCA also offers extended hours at an additional cost to join Non-VPK students (Pre-K). This serves to promote additional enrichment of the curriculum from the VPK classroom.
Our VPK Program
- Ensures students are learning the required skills to prepare them for the School Readiness Test – a stepping stone for their elementary school success.
- Individual attention and a strong emphasis on reading and mathematics.
- Scientifically-based curriculum used in developing language, cognitive, and early reading skills.
- Mathematical skills focus on identifying, sorting, classifying weight and height, basic addition and subtraction, and telling time.
- VPK Screening Assessment will be done in the Spring, Fall, and Winter to monitor and guarantee that students are ready for the Kindergarten School Readiness Test.
- Our goal is a 100% success rate!
Click Here for instructions on how to apply for the School readiness and VPK Program through DCF.
Is your child ready for VPK? Enroll them now! For further information on our VPK Program, please contact us at 407-776-9710.