“The word ‘education’ comes from the Latin ‘educere’ = e- (out of) + -ducere (to draw). Education is not just about putting information in. We have forgotten that it, in fact, begins in the child’s heart.” – Vince Gowmon
Learning Curve Academy is a provider for Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK), a program sponsored by the state of Florida for children who are 4 years old by September 1st of the school year and are Florida residents.
The state pays all tuition and fees for VPK students. The only difference between VPK and Pre-K is the method of payment – State-Pay or Parent Pay. No fee is required to register for VPK. However, at the time of registration, parents must provide a VPK Child Eligibility Certificate.
Click here for information on VPK requirements and application.
Learning Curve Academy participates in the VPK program which is a three-hour State-sponsored program designed to prepare students for kindergarten. LCA also offers extended hours at an additional cost to join Non-VPK students (Pre-K). This serves to promote additional enrichment of the curriculum from the VPK classroom.
Our Pre-K/VPK Program
- Ensures students are learning the required skills to prepare them for the School Readiness Test – a stepping stone for their elementary school success.
- Individual attention and strong emphasis on reading and mathematics.
- Scientifically-based curriculum used in developing language, cognitive, and early reading skills.
- Mathematical skills focus on identifying, sorting, classifying weight and height, basic addition and subtraction, and telling time.
- VPK Screening Assessment will be done in the Spring, Fall, and Winter to monitor and guarantee that students are ready for the Kindergarten School Readiness Test.
- Our goal is a 100% success rate!
Is your child ready for Pre-K/VPK? Enroll them now! For further discussion of our Pre-K/VPK Program, please contact us at 407-776-9710.